Luxury Property InspectionsThis is where Michael Gaurnier, ACI has helped many in the South Florida luxury market.
Don’t Settle For Less
When purchasing luxury property, there are many costly features and systems that are documented as “outside the scope” of your typical home inspection.
Our Specialized Services:
- Seawall/Dock Inspection
- Thermography Moisture and Electrical Testing
- Swimming Pool/Spa Inspection
- Underground Sewer Video Inspection
- Generator/Dock Electrical Inspection
- Elevator Inspection
- Indoor Air Quality Testing
- Specialized Appliance Inspection
- Inspection of Second Story Roofs
- Geotechnical Soil Bore Testing
Luxury Inspection Services
- (Seawall up to 100′) Underwater inspection of the Dock, Pilings, and Seawall by a licensed engineer. The underwater environmental and structural conditions of your water front property are a major component of the property investment. Seagrass growth on the canal floor can also be evaluated which can affect permitting requirements when repair or upgrades are performed. Cost estimates for repair are provided in the digital report within 24 hours of the inspection.
- An overwhelming majority of luxury and super luxury properties in the South Florida area were constructed after a previous home was demolished. Was the current seawall reconstructed during building construction? We will find out.
- A Thermal Imaging scan of the building structure allows us to identify pipe leaks, roof leaks, and other moisture issues hidden behind walls and ceilings which is key in pinpointing the probability of mold issues.
- The Scan also discovers electrical overheating issues of wiring, breakers, and overloading of circuits when our Certified Residential Thermographer performs this scan in combination with amperage readings of the affected circuits.
- Other issues discovered with the scan are missing insulation in walls and ceilings, leaking AC ductwork, cooling and heating problems at the HVAC system, as well as home ventilation issues and other fire hazards. This service often avoids having to call in other contractors for further evaluation of findings on the home inspection report.
- Try getting an elevator inspector out there! Then the fee of $700 – $1,000 and they’re booked two weeks out. Welcome to the reason we provide this service.
- Inspected by a Florida Licensed Elevator Inspector, we inspect the maintenance being performed, check for safety compliance, and make sure that installation and materials are of quality, and that maintenance work is being performed properly. Our inspector is a member of national elevator consulting associations, so as to maintain cutting edge information, certifications, and processes. A digital report with cost estimates is provided.
Indoor Air Quality
(Depending on number of samples)
REAL IAQ Testing!
Lab testing is performed by an environmental testing Laboratory after certified surveyor takes samples with specialized air testing equipment in the home to gather air samples. Over 400 different types of air contaminants are tested including:
- VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) found in gasoline products, building materials, and much more.
- MVOC’s (Mold compounds from active mold spores that are off-gassing inside the home).
- Chinese Drywall (The presence of sulfur compounds found in contaminated drywall that was in use in South Florida from 2003 to 2008
- Mold spore testing can be performed as an additional separate service on a recommendation basis only
- If a home inspector’s limited on/off test with no guarantees of the $12,000 refrigerator doesn’t provide the reassurance you need, well you understand why we provide this service.
- Complete inspection of all installed appliances by a factory certified appliance technician including a digital report including repair estimates.
- Home inspectors generally do not inspect roofs that can’t be accessed with a 13’ ladder. Many inspectors do not inspect roofs at all. We bring up to a 30’ ladder in order to provide a full roof inspection including repair/replacement estimates by the home inspector even of second story roofs. We do NOT use roofing contractors do to conflict of interest concerns.
Geotechnical Soil Bore Testing
- Many times “luxury property” is synonymous with “water front property”. A geotechnical test should ALWAYS be performed before construction as this dictates what type of foundation is needed to properly support the home as well as whether pilings are needed.
- If it is ascertained that the home is NOT constructed with pilings, then we recommend this inspection be performed to confirm that pilings are not necessary.
- If tear-down is anticipated to construct a multi-story luxury property, then we recommend this inspection to determine work involved in constructing the desired structure.
- If installation of a swimming pool is anticipated, we recommend this inspection to determine cost of pool construction.
- If major cracks in the building are noticed, consider having this service performed to determine cost of correction.
- This service is performed by Auger Borings with a Truck Drill Rig at the front and back yard by a Geo-technical Engineer. Foundation stabilization options can include pilings, pressure grouting and or foam injection for existing structures with cracking or settlement problems.
Get In Touch