Mold Spore TestingWe provide mold spore testing for anyone who is concerned with mold safety and would like to know if harmful growth is occurring inside a building. When planning for a home inspection, we suggest this service only in specific scenarios when testing is truly warranted. Active mold growth can create health problems for anyone who is exposed to it thus becoming a high concern for many home buyers.
Mold Spore Inspections
Book a Consultation
Why pay for mold spore testing? If left untreated, mold will spread and cause damage to your property and will and some point pose a health concern to residents. We offer top-quality mold testing by one of the nation’s leading mycologist, Dr. John Shane who performs our laboratory testing of the samples we take on-site. Feel free to reach out to us when you think you may need a professional mold inspection in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties in Florida. We will provide free over the phone consulting to point you in the right direction. Click the “Read More/FAQ” button to find out why we DO NOT recommend this service be performed in all situations. Caution is in order when scheduling this service as many “mold assessors” out there may be trying to drum up mold remediation work for themselves or provide “testing” which in the end becomes inconclusive.
Onsite Visual Assessment by a licensed inspector/Certified Residential Thermographer
Infrared Thermal Imaging
Lab Mold Report & Site Assessment Report with description of mold growth conditions
Post Remediation Verification Testing provided
THERMAL IMAGING MOISTURE INSPECTIONS & MOLD TESTING
Michael Gaurnier, ACI, Inc. offers moisture inspection services and mold testing in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties in the state of Florida for homes, apartments, workplaces, schools, and commercial properties. We have licensed mold inspectors. certified residential thermographers, ASHI inspectors, indoor environmental surveyors, and a nationally renown mycologist that work together in providing the site assessment, lab analysis, and report. We utilize very expensive “professional grade” equipment; we don’t do the cheap stuff. Consequently, our clients will receive a “real” mold assessment service. The report differentiates between typical mold spore types with no signs of active growth and mold spores that are known to be toxic or that are actively colonizing and spreading on a surface or in the air.
Our services include a thorough property inspection including thermal imaging scanning using high tech moisture detection, and mold sampling equipment. We provide a detailed report that includes any noted aspects of a building that may contribute to mold problems like air conditioning and ventilation, roof venting, crawlspace conditions, etc. We will also provide follow-up testing (air samples, swabs, and glass slides), following mold remediation.
In addition, we will be working with a nationally recognized laboratory, and staffed with professionals specialized in the mold testing field. We will not be involved in the remediation of any mold problems since this would be a conflict of interest. Even though Florida licensing permits mold assessors to both perform the testing and remediation work, this has resulted in a high amount of unethical activity in the mold remediation profession. We have come up with a solution to resolve this conflict.
WHAT IS A MOLD INSPECTION?
A visual inspection of the building itself, similar to a home inspection, is an important initial step in identifying a possible mold contamination problem. We look for visible signs of mold or moisture, identify improper construction methods, use infrared cameras to pinpoint moisture in walls or ceilings, moisture meter equipment, and then perform actual mold testing. This testing involves primarily air samples, with surface samples of only suspected areas of possible mold growth. Our mold inspectors use a variety of high-quality equipment to detect mold spore types and report on likely moisture sources that cause the specific spore type growth. This is what is needed to determine if and what type of remediation work needs to be performed as well as where in the structure the problem is emanating from. Finally, the lab report identifies mold spores that appear typical and show no signs of active growth as well as mold spores that are known to be toxic or that are actively growing and spreading.
Mold Spore Testing
Our Mold Spore Testing Service
- As we have shown, this test just does not fit the typical home buyer wanting a simple, straight forward home inspection. Nor does this testing reveal whether a home has “high” or “low” mold. Mold testing is more complicated that that; but what this test does provide is whether or not mold problems that require remediation exist.
- If you hire a mold inspector to tell you if you have “high mold”, imagine the following scenario: You end up backing out of purchasing a home after spending $2,500 to $5,000 in appraisal, inspections, and other costs due to the 4:30 pm test that showed what would be perceived to indicate high mold at a spore count of 3,578. However, another test is performed at 9:00 am the same day the levels were only 250 mold spores which is now considered low? In other words, you’ve been caught trying to make a decision with inconclusive testing.
- The point? WE DO NOT USE THIS TEST TO DETERMINE SPORE COUNT. We use the test to determine WHAT TYPE OF SPORES ARE IN THE HOME AND IF ACTIVE GROWTH IS OCCURRING. When is this necessary?
- If one suspects health problems are rooted in mold problems in the building
- If mold is visible and one wants to know if it poses a health risk
- Pre remediation determine what type of spores are present, post remediation confirm those spores are no longer there
- Litigation case where documentation is needed to prove spore type that is present
- If MVOC testing proves relative high levels are present
- If during a real estate transaction you want to rule out the presence of an active mold problem.
- So, if you do find yourself in a tenant dispute, having respiratory problems, or the like, feel free to call on us to perform mold spore testing.
Get In Touch